Volunteer at Spectrum Academy
Parent involvement is included in our Charter. Families are encouraged to volunteer throughout the school year.
BACKGROUND CHECK & CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
We love volunteers at Spectrum! The state requires all volunteers to have a Live Scan background check on file with the school.
Here is how it works:
Federal background check information for BCI: (NORTH SALT LAKE AND PLEASANT GROVE)
1) You come to the front office and pay $33.25. The office gives you an authorization form.
2) You take the form to any fingerprinting location that does live scan fingerprinting. BCI in Taylorsville or Y.U.P. fingerprinting both work. These companies charge an additional fee which you will be responsible for. Please check their website for price details.
3) They will run your fingerprints.
4) Once the fingerprinting is complete, email Britnee Norlem at email@example.com and let her it's done. She'll notify you once you are cleared to volunteer. This could take up to 5 days.
5) Before you start volunteering, you will also need to sign our Volunteer Code of Conduct agreement. This will be given to you at the office.
Address: 3888 W 5400 S, Taylorsville, UT 84129
Phone: (801) 965-4445
Layton - 1133 N Main St. #127, Layton, Ut. 84041 - (435) 359-3151
Lehi - 308 W. Main St. #B, Lehi, Ut. 84043 - (435) 359-3151
Provo - 37 E. Center St. #306, Provo, Ut. 84606 - (435) 359-3151
Salt Lake City - 231 East 400 S #350, Salt Lake City, Ut. 84111 - (435) 359-3151
Federal Background check information for American Fork police: (PLEASANT GROVE)
Before going to American Fork Police Dept., you will need to pick up from the Spectrum Academy office manager, a signed Request for Electronic Application background check.
Located: 75 E. 80 N. American Fork, UT. 84003
At American Fork Police Dept. there will be a processing fee.
American Fork office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
Federal Background check could take up to (2) weeks
Federal background check information for Alpine School District: (PLEASANT GROVE)
Before going to Alpine, you will need to pick up from the Spectrum Academy office manager, a signed Request for Electronic Application background check.
Go online and set up appointment @ https://alpineschools.org/hr/
Click on Schedule Fingerprinting Appt.
Click on Book an Appt.
Click on Book now (volunteers).
At Alpine there will be a processing fee.
A valid form of government issued picture ID must accompany the request. Utah Driving Privilege Cards will NOT be accepted as valid ID.
Federal Background check could take up to (2) weeks.
**If you have a federal background through another school you can request a rapback (fee of $10.00) to share the information.
That's it - you're done! You only need to do this once for the entire time you have students at Spectrum.